Zeynep's (mis)Adventures in Ruritania

arise, oh people, let us hear your voices... your voices of freedom.

Saturday, May 1

see shells

Mr. Fitzgerald has had a slow week in this place, so he told me a little more about his life when I came in today. When he was 16, he ran away from home (again) but this time he joined the Ruritanian Navy (because the Brn Navy wasn't very big). He stayed there until he was 20, sailing around and working on the ships. He travelled all the way around Equatorial Cyberspace... Icasia, Udem, Uqamistan, and Concordia - he saw them all. He asked me to wait a moment and he brought back a shell from his office. He said he found it at Berri one day. I put my ear to it and I could hear the ocean. He didn't listen to it, as he said it would only make him want to be back on the water.