Zeynep's (mis)Adventures in Ruritania

arise, oh people, let us hear your voices... your voices of freedom.

Friday, April 23

no more, please

Things at home are OK. My dad's been busy fixing shoes near the market place and now he's entered the camp a few days a week to try and get some business there. Ezra's managed to still keep his job at the market, despite some troubles a few days ago with the man who runs it. It's almost been a month since my mom broke her ankle, and the cast hasn't shown any signs of trouble, so hopefully next month, she'll be back on both feet. She's already knit a sweater for my dad, brother, and uncle as well as slipper/socks for us all. I also checked her a book out from the library on gardening at her request. She keeps busy with these activities, yet she's become extremely quiet. I wish I could find someone her age to come and socialize with her while my dad's working because back home she would have her friends over at least once a week. Zeke's still busy learning how to tie knots and Zoe's slowly getting into the middle of the Life of Pi, which she is really enjoying now.

Well, I have to go back home and start cooking dinner. Maybe Ezra will have brought something exciting home from the market other than the cabbage he's only been able to get. I think we're all growing tired of that.