Zeynep's (mis)Adventures in Ruritania

arise, oh people, let us hear your voices... your voices of freedom.

Monday, May 3

brotherly love

My mom got a letter from her brother Uzi today. He updated on the family's situation. My cousins Zamir and Zizi are still at home, doing okay, but no word on Lorenzo. This worries my mom because it's a worry for the whole MacKenzie family. Where is he, is he alive, he is in jail... no one knows. Uzi also updated on the situation in Zahrville. Some of their farming friends in the outskirts of the city have lost their businesses and their children have gone off to join the PFLZ or the ZPF. Uncle Uzi hopes that maybe one of these new recruits to the resistance movements might help the family find Lorenzo.

News from the family puts a smile on my mom's face, but I know that she's really lonely on the inside. I wish I could help her out, but I've never dealt with this before. Hopefully getting her cast off (which should happen this Wednesday) will help her bounce back.