Zeynep's (mis)Adventures in Ruritania

arise, oh people, let us hear your voices... your voices of freedom.

Wednesday, March 31

tightly knit kinship

Ezra and I went to the camp today to pick up our food rations. The situation with the sick section of the camp cleared up after a day or two. In one section of the camp, this gigantic family designated a few members to prepare the food, and one of these cooks was sick, so they traced the problem back to him. This is just another bullet point to add to my list of reasons why I will never live in that camp... or any camp at that! *Shivers*

Zoe and I have been cooperating quite well, despite having to be in closer quarters more often due to mom being out of commission. She cooks lunch and I cook dinner. Zeke likes to help out, although he just usually makes a mess, so we told him that his efforts would be better used toward helping mom walk around, getting her something to drink/eat, and whatever else she might need. Mom just sits and knits all day, so I'm glad that Zoe and I got her knitting materials for her birthday. This is such a damned set-back in any progress we might be able to make over here. No matter how limited it was at first. Ugh.