Zeynep's (mis)Adventures in Ruritania

arise, oh people, let us hear your voices... your voices of freedom.

Thursday, January 20

when it falls

You'd think that with things being as bad as they already are, things couldn't get much worse, right?

WRONG!

Both my dad and my Uncle Uzi (who had only worked for a week or so) lost their jobs in the past few days. The Ruri's cracked down on workers who don't have a permit to work in the country (so, most all Zaharian refugees) and now my family doesn't have a "large" source of income. My Uncle Zack was able to obtain a permit before we got here (somehow - he can't discuss it) and same goes for Mr. Fitzgerald (why does this not surprise me?). Ezra's still at the market. Either the Ruri's haven't found him yet, or they don't care to fire him as he makes barely anything (he's often paid in food, for example).

This whole mess better end soon... because soon we'll have nothing left.