Zeynep's (mis)Adventures in Ruritania

arise, oh people, let us hear your voices... your voices of freedom.

Friday, December 31

spies

So, the family arrived, tired but relieved, a few days ago. My Uncle Uzi went to register him and his family at the camp and then picked up their food rations. The given food is definitely lower and lower every time we get our supplies.

It's ironic because it was my family, almost 10 months ago, that moved in with their family. And now it's them moving in with us. It's the least we can do though, really.

Although it's made the living situation more cramped, I've enjoyed having some new people to chat with. It's taken the stress off my mom and I, and it's helped to cheer me up. Lorenzo has changed a bit, though, which is understandable given what he went through in the past. My aunt and uncle don't want him going to the camp very often as they fear that he might join up with the guerrillas again. Their presence is strong within the camps and the Ruritarian government can't do anything about it (although we all know they'd love to crush them).