Zeynep's (mis)Adventures in Ruritania

arise, oh people, let us hear your voices... your voices of freedom.

Wednesday, January 12

hoppity hop hop

I ran into Ian at the market for the last time today. He explained to me that his girlfriend, Dana, had been transferred to Camp 6, so he successfully requested a transfer to the same camp for himself. It was his last week at Camp 5.

He gave that obligatory guy going away speech... you know, the "it's been nice to befriend you and I hope that your future is full of happiness" stuff. He did ask me if I wanted an Australian penpal, which I thought would be cool, so I gave him my current address. He said he'll write me from Camp 6 so that I can have his address there. He also gave me his address for back home in Melbourne, should my address change, I can always mail a letter there with the update and he'll get it (sooner or later).

I gave him a hug, wished him the best, and left. Short and simple.