Zeynep's (mis)Adventures in Ruritania

arise, oh people, let us hear your voices... your voices of freedom.

Tuesday, March 23

New developments

So I asked the library beside this internet cafe if I could volunteer there a few days a week. The librarian was very happy that I asked and she said that it would be nice to have somebody to chat with. We've arranged that I go there on Mondays and Thursdays, and possibly more in the future, but we decided to start easy. So, that will give me something to do!

My dad finally got a job, and now he's a cobbler, thanks to my Uncle's help. It's not the most exciting job, but it's a trade. He's hoping that he might be able to enter the camp a day a week, which I think would be a big success. Since the camp's conditions are so terrible at this point, being able to fix people's shoes would also be a service to the camp's well being.