Zeynep's (mis)Adventures in Ruritania

arise, oh people, let us hear your voices... your voices of freedom.

Monday, July 19

hidden untreasure

Mr. Fitzgerald had a headache early this afternoon and so he came by the library to find me and asked me to fill in for him while he went home to nap. I agreed.

There were two customers who dropped by while I was filling in. When the last one was paying, I accidentally knocked over a shoebox in the desk. I finished up with the customer and then went to pick up the mess I had made. What fell out of the shoebox were letters to Mr. Fitzgerald from a ZPF official. Curious, I jumped into the none-of-my-business world and I opened the top letter. It was dated from five years ago, and written mainly in a crazy military-type coding. A few numbers had been written on the letter in a different ink, probably by Mr. Fitzgerald himself. By the time I had finished examining this letter, I heard someone enter the cafe, so I hurried to put the box back. Another time, another time.

I don't know what these letters were for, but I think I've found what I've been wondering about. That is, why Mr. Fitzgerald left Zaharia altogether.